08 December 2006

 

Blood Diamonds Decline, Poverty Doesn't

Here's a story on Yahoo!News about the conflict diamond trade and how -- even now that Sierra Leone and other countries are more politically stable -- poverty reigns and conflict diamonds are still being traded.

I'm thinking about seeing Blood Diamond this weekend...I'll be sure to post if I think it's worth your two hours and eight bucks.

As I learn more and more about the mission field we're entering and the people we'll be meeting, I'm struck by the way that economics, politics, justice and faith intersect and I wonder how our team will respond when we're face-to-face with the reality of life in West Africa. I'm expecting the experience in Liberia and Sierra Leone to be quite different from my experience in Ghana. I simply pray that God will keep my heart, eyes, and ears open to God's people and to the opportunities that present themselves to us.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?