02 January 2007

 

T-minus Two Days and Counting!

We are coming down to the wire, with final preparations and last-minute reminders flying! I've gotten our songbook completed -- just need to copy them tomorrow at the church. Tuesday night is the packing party, and we're getting all our second suitcases packed with medicines or -- in my case -- toys and games.

I've learned that once we arrive in Liberia, we may have internet access, and I *may* be able to update the Africablog while we're in action! I'm hoping to send an update when we arrive safely, and then a couple times throughout our trip. I'm guessing we'll have less opportunity to update in Sierra Leone, but we'll do our best!

I've been praying a lot about what this trip means for my own call to God's service. My ministry -- my response to the call serve God and God's people -- has jumped back and forth in tone and focus between fiercely local-community-oriented to grandly world-focused to empoweringly facilitation-of-others-oriented. I'm struggling with the work we have to do here in Indianapolis, while at the same time knowing how much work there is to do in Sierra Leone and Liberia. I hope you'll pray for the people of central Indiana as you pray for the people of West Africa; and pray, as I do, for guidance and clarity as I discern God's call and determine the logical (and, yes, the illogical) next steps for me.

I love you and thank God for your support and encouragement. Until next time...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?